I always love new and fun dinner ideas so when I found this recipe I had to try it! It came out delicious and is super easy to make! I'm not the greatest in the kitchen, so when I say if I can do it, you can do it! I really mean it!
I made this for my fiancé and I so if you are cooking for two, here's what you'll need:
Salt and Pepper
About 1.5lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts
12oz of corn
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, diced
1 bell pepper
2tbs of freshly chopped cilantro
Juice of a lime
Now obviously, if you have allergies or want to leave out some ingredients, by all means make it your own! If you'd like some spice to your meal, add some jalepeno or other spice.
2. Mix them all together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Spray sides of chicken breasts with cooking spray and sprinkle on your chili powder. You'll want to coat the chicken well so that all the flavors of the powder soak into the chicken while cooking.
4. Heat your grill pan to medium and once hot spray pan with cooking spray, lightly.
5. Place the chicken breasts on grill and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side. (cook times may vary)
6. Heat up your corn while chicken is cooking. I like to add pepper to it for more taste.
7. Once your chicken is cooked, place the chopped vegetables on top of the chicken and sprinkle with a bit of chili powder.
8. Serve with rice or any of your other favorite side dishes and enjoy!
|Tex-Mex Chicken with Corn Salsa|